Euphoria Definition Pronunciation: \yü-ˈfȯr-ē-ə\ Function: noun Date: circa 1751
a feeling of well-being or elation















Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Holidays

Alright so its been a while since I've posted.

Lets recap.

Thanksgiving:

Since Wade and I have started dating, we've done our own tradition for the Thanksgiving holiday - which includes cooking WAY too much for just the two of us and relaxing..at home.

This year we did just that..except I made WAY too much food, cooked a large enough turkey (which was spectacular) to feed an army. We decided this is the last year we're (or sorry, I'm) doing the cooking and we can go elsewhere. For one, its too expensive and second, I rather be around other people. HA!

This is the first year I had the day after Thanksgiving off and I attempted to do the whole after Thanksgiving shopping thing, but the turkey got the best of me and I slept til well after 10 a.m. - which is out of the norm for me. I hit a couple stores like Old Navy and Michaels and then got completely overwhelmed and came home. That was enough for me.

Christmas:

Well, I had a much deserved 5 days off, which was fantastic b/c it meant that I didn't have to drive to California and back (since that is what it feels like when I drive to work everyday). (-completely off subject, but I need my man to start making some serious money so I can stay at home and work from home - Love ya babe)

Christmas was good, excepting the fact that I didn't get to go home for the Holidays to Minnesota. We had Christmas Eve at our house with the Coplen's (consisting of Wade's father, Older sisters Audrey and Mary, Mary's kid - Morgan, Wade's youngest brother - not a coplen - Will) It was short, sweet, and too the point. We ate, exchanged gifts, chatted and everyone left at around 8:30 ish. I spent the rest of the night watching movies on a GREAT website that Wade's younger brother introduced to us, where you can watch newly released movies for free (keep in mind when I say newly released, I'm talking still in the theaters.) I'd give you the name, but I'm not sure if its legal or not.

I played Santa at about 5 a.m. Christmas morning, setting out gifts for both Wade and the Cats and then placed all the gifts my mom sent down under the tree. It looked magical - or maybe it was because it was REALLY early and I was still groggy. I can't be sure.

I made out GREAT this year, my boyfriend bought be my first pair of diamond earrings and they are BEAUTIFUL. I also got one of those blue tooth ear thingamajigs that he purchased on www.woot.com (AWESOME WEBSITE) Now I look like one of those important people walking around talking to themselves WITH diamond earrings. HA! It was a good Christmas, even though I told my mother not to send down gifts because I believe we are too old to have her buying us as many gifts as she does every year. But I am thankful!

So now brings us to New Years, which hasn't happened yet...but we plan on doing NOTHING. (it seems as though we've been doing a lot of that lately, doesn't it?) I'm excited to bring in the New Year with the man I love and not be out being a silly-ass drunk and doing stupid things. Its just not me anymore ;)

Happy Holidays to everyone! I love you all!

Photobucket

No comments: