Euphoria Definition Pronunciation: \yü-ˈfȯr-ē-ə\ Function: noun Date: circa 1751
a feeling of well-being or elation















Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Lesson Well Taught

Everyone hates having to talk in front of people, I don't care who you are. I have a boss who gives us a topic (as a learning tool) every month, we have to research it and present it...in front of our department. (The department that I'm in, of Underwriters, consists of 5 people - so don't think it's like 20-30 or even 40). Regardless of the amount of people or how comfortable you are in front of them, EVERYONE has a fear of messing up. Am I right? (Minus the President of course)

Today was our day to present and my topic was "Broad Form Products", for those of you who don't know what I do for a living, I work in the Underwriting department for an Insurance company - going on my 8th month. Learning is a must for me if I want to move up or even become an Underwriter. I dread doing research, it reminds me of school and I just suck at homework. I believe that all my teammates are in the same boat. But I got a really good compliment from a co-worker of mine today saying " I really hate doing this research things" and I replied, "Ya, me too - but lets get it done and over with and move on with our day" and he says "But you always do so well on your topics and I just studder over what I'm trying to say and look ridiculous!" ....I was amazed, b/c I thought I did that too!

The meeting went really well (as they always do) and was over within an hour. I don't know why I stress of stuff like this so much, because apparently I come prepared, speak well and sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Thats a good feeling.

No comments: