Euphoria Definition Pronunciation: \yü-ˈfȯr-ē-ə\ Function: noun Date: circa 1751
a feeling of well-being or elation















Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Week 2 Weigh In






Last Friday I had to go in for a 'weigh in' at Dr. Brett Swenson's office. I was nervous!






The outcome of week 2:



5 lbs.






The week before was 9 lbs.






TOTAL: 16 lbs lost.






I think this has something to do with the failure of not being able to quit Starbucks. I have however, changed my drink to a Sugar-Free Vanilla Chai. But that doesn't make up for the calories I'm putting in. (Guilty)






Its one thing to quit carbs and sugar altogether...I need to have alittle indulgence. Right? I'm a Harmsen (Pivec) - I'm not THAT disciplined! Its in my genes to eat, drink and be merry (and fat?)






I go in on Friday again - for my 3rd week weigh in. I hope it's at least 5 lbs.






On another note, this past weekend we had a "girls" weekend - a.k.a. a birthday party at a Resort. a.k.a. a GREAT excuse to get our hair down and be girls (with the exception of our friend - my good friend, Janelle's boyfriend (who we've known for 7+ yrs), Sean. God bless him for putting up with Janelle, Danielle and I.






Fun was had by all - and let me say, it's TRICKY going out when you're on the hcg diet! No alcoholic beverages? No carbs? NO SUSHI!?!?!??!?! Are you kidding me?






Thankfully, my girlfriend Janelle was on a cleanse diet, so she wasn't able to eat/drink much either. We opted for Veggie Rolls at RA Sushi (minus the rice) and Spicy Tuna Rolls (minus the rice). And yes, I did have 3 glasses of wine at dinner. So sue me.




The birthday girl (Janelle)and I

(Madness in the bathroom - Because that's what girls do)


Ok, maybe 3 lbs I'm hoping for on Friday's check in. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!







Have a wonderful day and HAPPY TEACHER'S APPRECIATION WEEK!








(And a picture of Miss Lucy - 17 1/2 months for good measure)

No comments: