Euphoria Definition Pronunciation: \yü-ˈfȯr-ē-ə\ Function: noun Date: circa 1751
a feeling of well-being or elation















Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Happy 1ST Birthday Lucy



Dear Lucy Patricia,

Tomorrow you will turn one. I can't believe it's been a year since we started our journey to the hospital from Laveen to Chandler. I remember my life flashing in front of me while your dad was going slowly over bumps in the road because Mommy was going to deck him if he went over 10 mph over the bumps while I was having contractions.

In that long 20 min ride to the hospital, I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know what you were going to look like, I didn't know how much this was going to hurt, I didn't know how to be a mom, I didn't know how we were going to make this work.

At 2:55 a.m. (four hours after we arrived at the hospital) you made your appearance. You were so good to me throughout that four hours, which felt like 2 mins. I have never been so in love than I was at that moment. You were unbelievably beautiful. Perfect shaped head (not even a slightest cone head) perfect nose, perfect fingers, perfect toes. I couldn't have asked for a better baby. You were mine.

This year has been probably easier than I could have ever imagined. Of course we've had our ups and downs as parents...sleepless nights, poopy diapers ....but absolutely no hissy fits.

The way you look when you are sleeping will forever amaze me. You are so peaceful.

You have so many people in your life that love you so unconditionally and would do anything for you. I being one of them. I can't wait to see you grow up into a beautiful lady. I can't wait to see you go to school. I can't wait to see what you love to do. I can't wait til you go on your first date. I can't wait for your first heart-break. I can't wait to see you go off to college. I can't wait for your future husband to ask your father and I for permission to marry you. I can't wait for you to walk down that aisle. I can't wait for you to have a child of your own.

Lucy Patricia, you are amazing. you are one of a kind. you are beautiful. you are mine.

Happy Birthday Gergle Snerts!!!

I love you,

Mommy.

No comments: