I can not wait to decorate the house for the holidays and smell the scent of Christmas (i.e. Baking, candles, turkey cooking, you name it, I want to smell it!)
I came across this YUMMY recipe on msn's "Healthy Holiday Recipes" that sounds sooo delicious. The photo speaks for itself. YUM!!
- 1 Bottle(s) (750ml) Shiraz or red Zinfandel wine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 star anise
- 8 Medium bosc pears with stems
- In 5- to 6-quart Dutch oven, heat wine, water, sugar, and star anise just to boiling on high, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Meanwhile, peel pears, leaving stems on. With melon baller or small knife, core pears through blossom (bottom) end.
- Place pears in wine mixture; heat to boiling. Cover and simmer on low 10 to 15 minutes, until pears are tender but still hold their shape, turning occasionally.
- Remove pears to platter; discard star anise. Heat wine mixture to boiling on high. Cook 20 minutes, uncovered, to thicken liquid and reduce to 1 1/2 cups
- Cover pears and syrup separately; refrigerate 6 hours or up to 3 days. To serve, spoon syrup over pears.