Euphoria Definition Pronunciation: \yü-ˈfȯr-ē-ə\ Function: noun Date: circa 1751
a feeling of well-being or elation















Monday, February 1, 2010

Where Did I Go?



















The past few weeks have brought on an abundance of emotions. For one, Wade got a job (yay!) however, that is a bittersweet feeling to me - or it was - actually, probably still is....






Wade going back to work (which is super exciting for our checking account) means Miss Lucy had to start day care...which means ......sickness. Keep in mind, Lucy hasn't been sick since the day she was born, she's nearly 15 months.






On January 20th, Lucy Patricia went to day care and Wade Oliver went to work. We both dropped her off at "school" since Wade didn't have to be at work until 9 a.m. that morning. She did great her first day with us leaving - she ran straight over to the toys and played. I felt great and so did Mr Coplen.







That night, Wade was exhausted - Lucy was exhausted. I think I was on a natural high because I didn't know what to think or feel. My little girl was growing up!







We got through the week fantastically. I was waiting for the storm to hit - the only thing that was different was when I picked Lucy up all she wanted to do is cudddle (yes!) and pass out by 6 p.m. (yes!)








Then Sunday came......as did the storm. SICKNESS! Colds, flu-like symptoms (minus the throwing up) and a crabby, tired household. YUCK! Mr Coplen, Lucy and I had gotten sick. I decided to keep Lucy home on Monday so she could rest. She went back to day care with a snot-nose and a cough on Tuesday (bad idea) - I stayed home. I slept all day and quite frankly I felt really guilty because when I went to pick up Lucy from day care, the teacher says "I think she may have pink eye". Great.




One trip to urgent care later, I was sent home with the bubble gum antibotics for Lucy and a sick man at home. Oy.




Lucy and Wade stayed home on Wednesday...which made me feel guilty again. I wish I could have been there to take care of them since I was the only one feeling "normal". But I couldnt.



Here we are on the 1st of February, all feeling slightly back to normal (minus the mucus and coughing). No one can ever prepare you for the first sickness of your child. It breaks your heart into a million pieces, puts a huge strain on your relationship and basically just makes you want to throw in the towel.




But we're here, I'm blessed and I know now that we can get through it - with ALOT of prayers.



Thanks day care for the snotty noses, the horrid cough, the broken checkbook, the pink eye..and many many tears.


No comments: