Euphoria Definition Pronunciation: \yü-ˈfȯr-ē-ə\ Function: noun Date: circa 1751
a feeling of well-being or elation















Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dear Lucy




Dear Lucy,




Mommy lost your favorite (my favorite) blankie yesterday on our nice stroll home from day care. I didn't realize it until we reached home and there was no blankie in your stroller. I cried. You had no idea.




We strolled through the neighborhood, tracing our steps we just took home - no blanket. A call to the day care to see if they had found it - no blanket. I cried. You had no idea.




We got home (me, still crying), fixed you dinner which consisted of PB & J, tomatoes and Green Beans mixed with Cottage Cheese (you're favorite these days) - Still crying. No still have no idea.




Bath time, PJ's on...Daddy gets home. I got to hug daddy before you did tonight because let's face it, you weren't as sad as I was.




THEN came bed time.....first five minutes you were ok - I gave you my baby blanket that I had as a kid (not the same, but I suppose it'll do). 10 minutes later - the crying began. Your Dad says it's just cause you weren't tired, but I know deep down it's because you didn't have your blankie. I'm so sorry that you cried for 30 minutes. I didn't mean to lose your night time buddy.




I hope you can forgive me. I love you and am grateful that I didn't lose you.




We have three people making you new blankets as I type this, because that's how many people love you.




I love you my little Lu - you are my world.
Love,
Mom

No comments: