My TOP 5 favorites smells/scents:
1) This is the whole reasoning behind this topic of today's fives...The smell came to me while driving home from work yesterday and brings be back to my childhood. The smell of sculpting clay. My best friend growing up, Addie - her dad is an artist. My favorite past time is playing upstairs in her dad's studio and smelling that bitter smell of sculpting clay. I can't describe it, I just love it. And for some reason, I smelled it on my way home and memories started to flood back like it was yesterday - Listening to Paul Simon and playing with Addie upstairs at 5516 Queen Ave. I miss those days.
2) Anything and everything BABY. Not just any baby, MY baby. I think any mom can agree with me that their baby smells amazing. Their hair, their breath, their toes, their....yes, diapers (ew!), the way they smell right out of the bath and even their spit up. YUM! I crave that smell more than anyone can ever imagine.
3) My mom. She has been wearing Burberry perfume for years and I swear I go to Macy's or where ever they sell the Original Burberry, just to smell my mom. Even when she's not wearing her perfume, she always smells good. My favorite thing to do when I go home is lay in her bed. It smells of Burberry, clean sheets and breath. HA! It may sound gross to you, but it smells like my mommy and I love it.
4) Garlic and Onions cooking. You know darn well something yummy is being cooked up by someone who knows exactly what they are doing. The combination is intoxicating.
5) Christmas. Not sure if Christmas has a particular smell, but when I think of Christmas, I think of candles burning, fires going, monkey bread baking and Mrs Clark's Eggs. Its the most amazing smell. It smells like family. It smells like comfort. It smells safe.
Happy Friday everyone! Have a safe and FUN weekend!!